Amazingly detailed cat / dog pins handmade in Japan.
【 About each cat 】
Instead of calling as “item-01”, I named each cat.
- Tama : Tama is a typical name for cats in Japan. Some of the famous cats in Japanese cartoons are named “Tama.”
- Tora : It’s a name of my cat which literally means “tiger”. It’s also one of the typical names for cats.
- Fuku : Fuku means fortune in Japanese. It sounds soft and pleasant to call her Fuku-chan.
- Jiji : If you are a fan of Studio Ghibli, you may know this name from “Kiki’s delivery service(1989)”. Jiji is the most famous name for black cats.
- Mike : The pronunciation is /mi ke/ , not /mάɪk/. Mike-Neko ( the three-colored cat ) is common in Japan. She is a sleeping Mike-Neko.
- Hachi : Have you heard of Hachiko? He was a Japanese Akita dog remembered for his remarkable loyalty to his owner. I named Hachi after him.
【 About Misuyabari 】
These teeny-tiny cat pins are from Misuyabari, the only needle speciality store in Japan. It has been owned by the same family for almost 400 years and the current owner is the 18th generation!
Before COVID, I used to offer the private craft tours to tourists in Kyoto, and take them to the long-established and hidden craft stores.
The owner man is kind, always smiling, and he used to enjoy joking around in his broken English. His beautiful small shop was always filled with customers, but now it’s quiet. I started selling some tools and materials so that I can support my favorite craft stores in Kyoto. Your purchase will help small businesses in Kyoto that has been passed down for generations.